PDF sewing patterns are THE guide for sewers, whether you are an amateur or professional. Below you can learn how to download a pattern and understand the different signs and symbols. The Little Onion incontinence patterns will lead you through the sewing process step-by-step so you create a product that will make you proud.
What is a PDF Sewing Pattern?
These sewing patterns are a PDF file that contain instructions explaining how to sew absorbent adult cloth diapers. Each PDF will also contain templates for cutting out the pieces of your sewing project and all the instructions you will need to complete the item.
- FILE TYPE - A digital sewing pattern is a PDF file that includes easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions along with photographs to you can follow the instructions clearly.
- PROGRAM NEEDED - You view the file and instructions on your computer screen. Your PDF can be read with the free program Adobe Reader. While you can open a PDF in other reader types, Adobe Reader is considered by many to be the best for printing the pattern pieces to scale.
- PATTERN PIECES - The file includes a full-sized pattern for all pieces which you print on your home computer on either letter or A4 paper. Your pattern will print in a grid. You simply trim and tape the edges together.
- MEASUREMENTS - All the measurements and instructions in my patterns are in both metric (cm) and imperial (inches) so you don't need to worry about conversions no matter where you live.
- REPRINTING - Digital patterns are so popular in part because you can reprint your pattern anytime to make different sizes, if you like.
What Else are PDF Sewing Patterns Called?
PDF sewing patterns are also referred to as digital sewing patterns and downloadable sewing patterns.
What is in PDF Sewing Patterns?
All Little Onion patterns vary slightly but common inclusions are -
- Sizing charts
- Fabric requirements and recommendations
- Notions requirements (these are accessories, such as elastic, closure systems, thread, etc.)
- Cutting instructions
- Sewing instructions
- Pattern pieces
How to Download PDF Sewing Patterns?
After you complete a purchase checkout, you will be given a link to download the PDF file immediately. You will receive an email with a link in case you want to download it later. It's recommended to download the file on a desktop or laptop computer and not a mobile device. Most mobiles and iPads are not set up to download and print.
If you don't see the email in your inbox, please check your spam folder. If you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact me for assistance.
How to Print PDF Sewing Patterns
You are welcome to read an article I have written with more instructions for printing and putting together your pattern. Basically, you print the pattern pages and tape them together in a numbered grid. You must check that you are printing to scale. The wording of printers varies, but it will say something like - scale 100%, scale none, scale original.
All patterns print on A4 or letter paper and stick together in a simple grid.
What If I Lose my File or Download Link?
If you ever lose your pattern or download link, no worries! Just email me with your order date and receipt, if possible, and I will be happy to resend it.
Payments are securely processed with PAYPAL, but if you don't have a PayPal account you will have the option to pay with VISA or MASTERCARD. If you don't have a PayPal account, don't forget to enter your email address at checkout for the pattern download link to be emailed to you.
PDF Sewing Patterns Help
The sewing process revolves around the pattern. After mastering the cutting and organizing of your pattern, and you understand the symbols and sizes of the pattern, you will really enjoy the simple and rewarding process.
If you get stuck, the Little Onion blog has resources to help you sew incontinence products. Here are some resources to help you get started.